View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Nov-05-03, 00:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Hi there! I'm going to toss in my 2-cents worth because I see we're roughly the same age, and you're a few pounds lighter than I am. I know there's more that comes in to play than age and weight, but hey, it's a start, right!

I had a pretty good Induction, lost a total of 9 pounds, two of which I gained back the following week, then it went away plus more. I haven't weighed for a few days because I know I'm holding water right now, LOL.

Anyhow, here's what I did.

For breakfast I ate at least two eggs, and tried to add in some kind of meat and a little cheese. I always TRY to get a 500-calorie breakfast and the only way it will go that high is by frying or scrambling the eggs in oil/butter or adding butter to boiled eggs, and have some kind of fatty meat.

For dinner, I ate a salad that was made up of some of (not usually all) the following:
1-2 ozs. of tomato
1/2 or so ounce of chopped onion (yes, onion is a little high in carbs, but 1/2 an ounce or so packs a whale of a lot of good flavor for hardly any carbs)
1-2 ozs. of sliced cucumber
1-2 ozs. of sliced radish
1-2 oz. of diced bell pepper
2 small-medium-sized mushrooms
1-2 ozs. sliced celery
1/4 cup of alfalfa sprouts

I'd take my one-cup measurer, and fill it half full of assorted odds and ends from the above list, then top it off with either spinach, romaine lettuce, kale or other salad green.

Add to that a couple of tablespoons of your favorite fattiest dressing (mine is Litehouse Bleu Cheese), and voila!

Sometimes I add meats and/or cheese to my salads, sometimes not, then ate some good meat, like a burger patty on the side (cheese if no cheese on my salad), and a half-dozen green olives are just cut into the salad.

Supper was pretty much the same kind of thing--more salad, possibly a cooked veggie, although we didn't eat very many cooked veggies during Induction (still don't for that matter), and some meat.

Generally speaking, by using a good combination of veggies it was pretty easy to get all the carbs I needed. If not, I added more veggies or salad.

I know in town I see what people call salads with a little iceberg lettuce, maybe some cabbage and some grated carrot thrown in. That's not a salad, for crying out loud! A salad has flavor, it has pizazz, and most of all it has nutrient value and fat!

Hopefully that will all help a little and good luck to you!