#15   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 21:41

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185.5/162/154 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Lightbulb It was the syrup!

Newmom2003

SF pancake syrup is the WORST (unless it's Da Vincis which is made with splenda). It's all SAs. I tried it once and threw the bottle out. MUCH harder on the body than the candy is. (OK, I like to have pancakes (flax seed based) with my syrup, not the other way around. I did use a lot). I don't really care for the taste of the Da Vinci syrup but at least it doesn't threaten to blow me apart.

Why are you convinced it is ALL low carb products? Most products don't have anything in them that will cause distress, esp the bread.

I bet you over did the syrup. That stuff is nasty. And additional SAs from candy on a day with syrup could easily have pushed you over the edge.

Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Give the non-sweet low carb products a chance. La Tortillas have been a life saver around here. DH loves making wraps with the tortillas. I have about one piece of the Arnold Low Carb bread a week, usually with fried eggs or a little peanut butter. It's great. Have to always have toast though because we go through it so slowly we have to keep it in the freezer. We also use the bars for breakfast sometimes.

Just don't be too hasty. When determining food sensitivity you have to eliminate one type at a time, not whole categories. Kind of like when babies start on solids. One food at a time so you can see if the baby has any problem handling it.