View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 19:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/160/145
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default LC & Long-term Fibro control

On another thread someone asked if anyone had been using LC to control fibro long-term. I have been using it for over 5 years. Of course it isn't the only thing I do. I also exercise daily, take cyclobenzaprene at night to help me sleep, and take vitamins. The important ones seem to be: a multiple, green tea, malic acid, calcium/magnesium/zinc, MSM, extra B vitamins, and creatine. I also, if the control seems to be slipping I take a round of antifungals for Candida. With this routine I have gone from not being able to work to being back full time in public school system as a gifted facilitator; from not being able to walk out to get the mail to being able to do Bike Across Kansas (500 miles in a week) and centuries (100 miles in a day). One note on exercise though is that I built up VERY slowly. I started out with easy spinning on the inside cycle. I planned on doing 5 minutes, but could only do about 2. So I countinued to do my 2 minutes a day until finally I could push it to 3, then a week later 4 minutes a day, etc. It wasn't until I got up over 12 minutes a day that I really started seeing results -- but I think if I had pushed it any faster I would have injured myself more than helped. People with fibro do not repair their muscles as well as others, so you have to take it slowly. Still if I want to increase my exercise (like in the spring when the weather gets nice) I have to take it slower than my "normal" friends. I can build up to just about any level of fitness I want, I just have to go slowly. Good luck to all of you just beginning on the journey of rediscovering your health. It can be done!
Sponsored Links