#11   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-01, 17:22
Registered Member

Plan: Easy Low Carb Living
Stats: 158/118/120
BF:
Progress: 105%
Default Reviews

I agree that it is really amazing how many bad articles or reviews are written. They all try to present the real facts, without any real knowledge or experience. My doctor too was amazed at the improvement in my overall health, and she was the very first person to buy my little low carb cookbook, saying that she needed to experience it for herself. She also said that the recent research does not support a low-fat diet and that most doctors have been giving their patients the wrong advise for years. Just watching us all put on weight should have been a clue - right?
Also, I have recently purchased (very expensive) a new book by Dr. Walter Willett from Harvard called Eat, Drink & Be Healthy - go to your library and ask for a copy. He is one of the worlds renowned nutritionists, and while he doesn't actually support Dr. Atkins as such, he does recognize the dangers of a diet full of carbohydrates. It is very interesting reading - not too technical, and all supported by research. I am sure that doctors all over will start to hear more about this and how wrong the north american diet has been these past years.