View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 05:22

Plan: Atkins/Low carb
Stats: 187/134/134 Female 5' 7"
BF:15%
Progress: 100%

Hi Carol

Wow 4 months and still at 20 and only 1100 calories. I would suggest that you increase your carbs up to at 25 and calories another 100 or so. I usually tell people not to go below 1400 as your body goes into starvation even on low carb. Your body uses so many calories just to function and you need extra if you include additional activities. I also know about the numbers. When I go and have how many calories i should consume I'm flabergasted as there is no way I can consume 2200 a day, I think that is too many. I try and keep my calories to around 1800. That seems to work for me and I don't feel like I have to keep stuffing my face.

In his book atkins mentions about induction yes you can stay on it for a while, but it will loose it's effectiveness after a certain period. I stayed on induction for about 6 weeks when I hit my first plateua and increased my carbs by 5 and added a little more exercise and that seemed to work.

Boy I'm surprise you haven't gotten board with you food choices yet I know that if a big concern for people low carbing.

Well agian I think by what you've mentioned you are doing fine. I'd say within the next 3 - 4 months you should of dropped a few more. Good luck and If I can help in any way just let me know. I know how frustrating it can be when you don't have people to rely on when you go through a tough time. When I started I had no one. I think this forum is great.

Have a great day

Marie