View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 20:20

Plan: NK-LCHF
Stats: 158.2/155.2/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Whenever I hear back problems I feel compelled to share.
I have a degenerated 5th lumbar, lets call it a sheet of paper left. I had bee active all my life but 3 years ago that lumbar took me down. No more bed, just recliner, couldn't hardly walk and the pain was always there. Not to mention the muscle tightning that came along with the exhaustion of living with pain.
I went to chiropractor and finally to surgeon, who since my legs still had feeling, gave me vioxx. that in turn made me feel terrible and bloated.
I surged the internet and found the best advise I have ever gotten.
Hamstring stretches.......Simple...but I am telling you guys....I did those wiith some ice thereapy and I haven't had a pain since. I do them regurlarly and am in the progress of rebuilding my body.
The excercise is such that u lay on the floor, legs in the air and wrap a towel under the bottom of your feet to slowly pull the legs toward your chest.....really easy and not in a rocking motion. I did that for about a week and could by then use my hands on ankles reaching the same effect.
It is sooooo simple yet so effective. In fact its said that tight abs alone can work against back pain. You have to do both back isometric and ab excercises to build strength.
Stretch those legs and quads and you will be surprised how it helps.
Bu