View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 18:15

Plan: general low carbing
Stats: 225/200/150 Female 5 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Traveller - my own experience with the pain in the same place as you mentioned turned out to be IBS: irritable bowel syndrome.
I had at least 3 cat. scans and during the last one they found this out. They thought it was gall bladder, but all the tests for that came out negative.
I have pain most days = some days more than others. Some days you are constipated, and some times you had better get to the b.r. VERY quickly. Mine is under control at the time w/out meds. I take Bextra for my arthritis, and for some reason it helps me with the IBS.
I don't find the l.c. to be a detriment to this condition. I just try to get the fiber I can. I know I am not eating what the DR. would say to, but if it is under control I won't be concerned with the numbers.
I don't have the huge attacks like I had before - now it is just a constant pain = low grade, not the bend over pain type. Sometimes if the pain is worse, I know that within 1/2 hour I will have a b.m., and that relieves some of the intense pain.
Hope this helps you somewhat, but as Barb stated - your Dr. is the best place to check with.