View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 16:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

I don't know how much you cook but if you cook every couple of nights and make enough for leftovers, you can get a lot more variety in.

Here's a link to a favorite, perhaps you could replace the tuna with canned chicken? http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...+tuna+mushrooms

Or this one:

CREAMY CILANTRO CHICKEN

4 boneless chicken breasts
4 ounces cream cheese (cubed ~ room temp)
1/2 cup of heavy cream
Juice of 1 lime
butter
minced garlic
3/4 cup (I like more) chopped fresh Cilantro

¼ cup canned diced tomatoes (optional if eating higher carbs)

Brown your cubed chicken in the butter & garlic until cooked. Add the cubed cream cheese and heavy cream and stir it all together melting it. Then squeeze the lime juice over mixture, add the fresh cilantro and stir it together. Let cook on LOW for about 10 minutes to get all the flavors blended.

I love these "creamy" recipes. They are tasty and very filling. The cool thing is you can sneak in some more veggies in them (spinach , asparagus, etc.). Once you get the hang of eyeballing the cream cheese and heavy cream to make the creamy base you can do almost anything with it. You could probably even do a creamy ground beef.

Another good one is to make meatloaf and stick veggies in it (use a little bit of salsa instead of tomato paste and Parmesan cheese instead of bread crumbs-- lower in carbs and still tastes like the real thing).

Fry up some frozen burgers. Grill some mushrooms and/or frozen spinach, perhaps a little onion in the same pan. When the burger is done plop the veggies on top of it and melt a slice of cheese on top. Eat with blue cheese or ranch dressing. If you like avocado, have that on the side (avocado is also really good with broiled chicken breasts).

These basic things have been my staple. There is so much tweaking you can do with a few basic recipes that it can make you feel like you have a TON of variety. You can eat the leftovers for breakfast, lunch or dinner.