View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 15:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/158/135 Female 5'2
BF:A Lot
Progress: 49%

ShoeGirl,

The link you posted did not work for me when I attempted to follow it. You might want to look at that.

At first I was having problems getting enough calories during induction but I tweaked my menu a bit (I'm a picky eater) and took some of the suggestions that are all over this forum and came up with something like this:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in 1tbsp butter with 1/4c cheese mixed in

Lunch: Salad with chicken fried in 1tbsp olive oil topped with Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing -OR- a bacon cheeseburger no bun no catshup dipped in a tblsp or so of mayo and a side salad with a low carb/high fat/high calorie dressing (i found an awesome ranch dressing for this)

Dinner: Steak topped with 1/2tbsp butter. 1c boiled broccoli topped with 1/2tbsp butter.

I usually do the bacon cheeseburger and side salad (which is about 2c of salad) for lunch and, with all the other food, that brings me to about 1900 calories a day, 70% or so of them being from fat, which seems to be working for me.

I also drink 1 gallon of water slowly throughout the day. It really does help.

There are tons of other things you can eat to keep the calories up; just remember that butter, mayo, and olive oil are your friends when cooking.

I wish you the best of luck!