View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Nov-03-03, 12:27

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

I've been LC for 6 months. Planning ahead is definitely a big key to success. As long as eating the sweet substitute foods don't cause a binge, I don't see a problem with them. I use almond and soy flour for breadings. I have become very creative when combining foods so I don't get bored.

I make sure I keep most of the temptations out of the house ( but my DH is not LC and he has crackers, potato chips, and the like around. Halloween candy is still there but strangley enough, I haven't been at all tempted to eat it, because I have some SF Russell Stover to get me through. I even fix potatoes and pasta for my DH and have managed to avoid eating them in large portions. I've had a tablespoon of mashed spuds occasionally, with no terrible repercussions. But I still count every carb I eat! And that helps me maintain a good level week in and week out.

Water is still a high priority. 100 oz a day and I rarely drink anything else.

I have my list of reasons I am on Atkins in my car, office, purse, and on the pantry door and refridgerator at home. That way they are never far from my thoughts. They are the 'good angel' on my shoulder!

I re-read a portion of DANDR every week. This WOE has begun to become second nature.