Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 21:45
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykmaggie
...I'm focusing on lowering my fat intake a little and adding in two carbs/day, one per week, for the next two weeks. I'm also adding one piece of fruit per day. I'm realizing that I can't maintain LC for life, and wanted a program that I could be on forever.
Sounds like you might enjoy reading Atkins for Life Depending on your personal carb level, such foods as whole grains and fresh fruits are daily fare. I sometimes wonder if people get hung on "20 grams a day" forever, and forget that OWL and pre-maintenance are all about increasing carbs and balancing fat intake.
Quote:
How are you combining FF with Protein power? What are your 'rules'?

Actually, I'm not exactly combining them. Protein Power is my primary LC program, but at the present time I'm doing a stint of phase 1 of FFP (Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman, for other readers who might not be familiar). I find its anti-Candida nature, as well as eliminating cheese, nuts and salty foods, and the recommended supplements - are really helpful to get my fluid retention and bloating problems under control. But it's rather low calorie, and too restrictive to be maintained for the long haul .. I love spicy foods, and the restrictions on spices and seasonings is scary I have modified the plan a bit .. I have a little more protein and fat, and only one fruit, not two.

I will not go to phase 2 .. since bread and starches are trigger foods for me. What I intend to do is gradually increase my fat intake 1 Tbsp at a time, and slowly add forbidden foods one at a time .. until I'm back at Protein Power levels. Of course, I won't be having the cranberry juice any more, so my carb intake will decline back to PP levels as well.

Doreen