View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 19:45

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Here I found this for you (and NO I dont actually have this book either but I might get it )

Exert from Dr. Phils new Book The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution

If you have ever been to a circus, perhaps you have seen six ton elephants tethered by rope to little wooden stakes. Have you ever wondered why one of these powerful animals doesn't yank that stake out of the ground and stampede off? When the elephants are young and powerless, they are attached by heavy chains to immovable steel stakes. The baby elephants tug and pull, but no matter how hard they try, the chains will not break and the stakes will not come out of the ground. As the elephants grow and get stronger, they come to believe that they cannot move anywhere as long as there us a stake in the ground nearby, no matter how tiny or weak the stake. They don't try to break loose because they think they can't.

So it is with people. If you are like those circus elephants, you've allowed your thoughts and actions to limit you, and like those elephants, you may not have been aware that you had choices. Well, you may not have been aware before, but I'm telling you now that you do have choices, you do have power; now you know. You don't have to stay mindlessly tied to stakes of wrong thinking and self destructive behavior. You can "pull up the stakes," transcend your conditioning, and reprogram yourself for success rather than failure.