View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 18:47

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 144/144/125 Female 61 inches
BF:43%/41%/25%
Progress: 0%

Just signed in today! My advice would be do whatever works!!! I quit smoking Sept 1 while using the patch. I didn't follow the program exactly as I never bought anything but the 21 mg. strength. However what I did do is cut the patch a little at a time ( fully covering it with cellophane tape so as to not let it lose its ingredient exposed to air). I found that doing it this way cut back any cravings whatsoever as I downgraded more and more. I had tried the patch before and I found there was too much of a jump between 21mg. and 14mg. which made me crave all over again with each step. I'm presently down to 3/8 of a patch (Roughly 7 mgs.) and I cut back an eighth at a time every week now. It took a lot longer at first. I'm not worried if it takes me more than three months to quit as I have been smoking for 37 years so a few more months of pure nicotine certainly can't hurt. They say on the instructions not to cut the patch but I found that you can provided you cover the cut with tape. Hope this helps someone!