View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 15:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 167.5/122/115 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Well I've had a bad two weeks as far as BFL goes. In fact, the past few days I've been considering what to do going forward.

Two weeks ago I was on vacation in Las Vegas and didn't exercise once. Expected I'd get right back on track when I got home, but ... last week, my first week back, I was really slack. I did all 3 lifting workouts but definitely was not hitting my 10s. (today, day 1 of the new week, I did UB and finally felt back on track.) Didn't do cardio once last week, though I did do pilates one of the cardio days. And the eating plan, which I was barely holding onto before the vacation, is totally out the window. The only thing I'm still doing right is to always have my 1/2 Myoplex shake after lifting.

I feel like I've totally lost my motivation. I think part of the problem is seeing the photos from my vacation and discovering that I'm happy with the way I look. It makes me wonder whether I need to continue putting so much time and energy into working out.

If last week counts, it was week 8. I hate to slack off now, since everyone says the last few weeks are when you see the most improvement. But on the other hand, do I really need to spend another month on this when I already feel great about the way I look? I probably wouldn't get those great end-of-program results anyway, since I'm not doing the 6 meals thing anymore.

I am wondering whether I should cut back to less intense levels of exercise for a while, and if the inches start creeping back on give BFL another try in the spring. Would be interested in opinions from our resident experts. Will I lose more than 1/3 of the benefits if I give up with 1/3 of the program to go?