View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 07:36

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Fishburg- Sorry to hear of your brainwashing. It can be really hard to fight. Don't be too hard on yourself though. If we never fell off due to uncontrollable urges or decisions to allow ourselfs something, we'd never know how to get back on the lc wagon. First thing you have to do is be honest with yourself.
Did you really try to fight those cravings or did you just give in? Be honest with yourself. Did you walk away, drink a lg. glass of water, get yourself something lc first, did you even think about the consequences this may have? This all relates to how you think about food. Do you see it as something pleasurable, like an event? You need to learn that food is just food. You need it to live. Yes, it can taste good, but don't make it entertainment. Think before you eat.

I've been doing Lc for a long time. Yes, I have cheated. I try to only make planned cheats now. This past spring I decided to go off Atkins.(STRESS of NURSING School, kids, hubby ect) I gave myself 5lbs. to play with. Some days I would kina watch what I ate and others, just didn't care. I weighed in everyday to see the damage and gage my day according to that. When I reached those 5lbs. I went back to induction level. It took a couple months but I soon realized I felt like crap! It's kinda like alcohol with me. I'm one of those people who just don't know when I've had enough. When I get sick, I'm really sick! Carbs are the same way. You're only going to be able to make yourself sick with carbs so many times before you realize it's just not worth it. You may be a slow learner like me, but you'll learn

I hope all this gives you something to think about. Please don't feel offended. This is for everyone struggling with those carb demons. Maybe it'll help, maybe not.

Take care,
Heather