View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 05:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

good to be me:

I like what you said. "I just don't eat ......PERIOD." That helped me.

And I do something similar. I try to think of the HELL of cravings my life will be if I eat that piece of cake or whatever, and think, "Would I rather eat that, or put myself back on the road to 30 pounds overweight and right back into those size 14 jeans?"

Oh, and one more thing. I wanted to explain to everyone that the reason I started this thread is that I seem to be having problems with maintenance. I keep going up and down 5 pounds; up to 3 pounds over. Upon reflection, I see that I have let MANY of my long time good habits slip considerably. Therefore, my life has gone back to being "roller-coasterish". Up down, up down. It's humbling to learn that even when I am 2 pounds UNDER goal, I cannot even have a life saver. My GOD, I'm like a "sugar-head"!!! I had some chocolates at a party one night, and it put me on a 4 day bend. One weekend, during travel, I ate at MdDonalds 4 times. Up 3 pounds. Uh oh. Anyway, maintenance is a learning thing for me. THIS is where I'm going to make it or break it. And it's ALL ABOUT THE HABITS.