View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Nov-02-03, 00:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/204/180 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default cheated, lost lbs, fixed constipation and fatigue

Strange thing happened. I was end of 2nd week and really wanting to go off diet because of bad constipation and not losing any more weight in 2nd week (I actually gained).

So they had cake at work and I had a big piece with milk. then a candy bar at night. Then the next day I went and had Hooters Wings! My favorite for the past 14 years. They're breaded and had diet coke (aspertame) and even a few fries and bite of candy later. Low carb pancakes for breakfast and milk.

So, am I out of ketosis? Not at all, deep purple even more than before. I went to the gym and finally had enough energy to complete my normal routine since going on the diet! I even ran further than I could in 2 weeks and lifted more with more reps. I had energy (probably from the carbs). My constipation has cleared up a bit and I lost weight for first time since my first week.

I think I actually needed to ADD carbs for the energy and to get my body going again. I was bloated, in pain, and tired before. I felt deprived and felt it was "unnatural". I'm gonna buy berries and honeydew tomorrow and not cut my carbs too low anymore. I almost went off it completely, but I still think eating meat and berries is a more natural way to eat than processed foods like pastas and snacks.
Sponsored Links