View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 22:13

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

When I began Atkins, I always chose real, wholesome foods. I continue to do that but I always have access to a low carb snack. I experiemnted with foods that were once alien to this family, such as fried chicken with soy flour breading ( I didn't know soy flour even existed ). I began eating veggies that I once could only bare to look at such as bell peppers. I began eating vegetables that I left behind with my childhood, such as turnip greens and asparagus. I began eating avocadoes which I had never tasted before in my life. Finally, I can eat meat that once was tabooed by other "real diets". Finally, if it tastes good then it must be good for you!

Healthy, low carb meals are the center of my dietary life. Three meals a day, no less than 3 hours apart. When I am hungry and between meals FIRST: I look at what I had for my previous meal because I shouldn't be hungry ( What did I eat wrong? ). SECOND: I will have a low carb, high protein/fat snack such as cheese or pork rinds ( but only if that it what I feel like eating ). THIRD: I may just be craving something stupid so I will counter that craving with a lc cookie or a piece of lc candy. I never deny myself of eating if I am hungry...hey this is America!

I don't drink plain water. I will drink sparkling flavored waters ( unsweetened ), Ice Water ( flavored, unsweetened ) or good plain old bottled water. I am not a fan of water, therefore, I keep it varied so that I will drink it with enthusiasm.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, don't allow weightloss to be your only gauge of success for this woe.

Black57