#1   ^
Old Sat, Sep-01-01, 18:38
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/193/150
BF:
Progress: 28%
Thumbs up END OF INDUCTION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today is day 14 and 14 pounds have gone. That is just incredible. Now that I am totally caffeine, alcohol, and sugar free for the first time in my life...(not an alcoholic, but an occ glass of wine)....I am ready for the next step. Will add 5 gms daily for the next two weeks and see how I do.

I have actually enjoyed the past two weeks minus the first three days of course. They were especially rough as my body went through withdrawal, but I hung in there and had faith in myself and it paid off.

I feel wonderful and have only 46 pounds to goal weight. Two years ago I weighed 240 pounds, so that seems so completely doable and in sight to me.

For anyone out there just starting and struggling and thinking you can't do it....please listen to your body and hang in there.

The weight is most defnitely an insidious killer. It robs you of so much and predispositions you to so many diseases and health problems too numerous to mention.

The diet at first may seem extreme because in my opinion, it is. But so is weighing 240 pounds.

Someone said to me the other day about ketosis being hard on the kidneys. Well, so is diabetes and I was certainly headed there. I think my kidneys are doing just fine. I am not symptomatic. If I were, I would most definitely stop and adjust my weight loss efforts.

I have heard comments the past two weeks of "Oh, I could never give up this or give up that." I just say "Read the book, understand the plan, and then make your judgement."

I don't feel I have given up anything. I feel like I am gaining my life back and much of the enjoyment the weight deprived me of.

Leaving for Paris in two weeks, and while still overweight ....I am not over 200 pounds anymore.

That is a very good thing!!
Sponsored Links