View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 09:37
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wow, what an excellent thread idea. My favorite subject!

The one key thing that I've done is this: I've removed all barriers to success. All of the little things pretty much fall under this category. Figure out the weak points in your "plan of action" and try to change things.

- My environment is 100% temptation free. If my SO wants it, he can buy it at work. I've don't even buy tempting stuff.

- I've said goodbye to the junk food and sweets. I'll have the rare Atkins bar, LC chocolate bar or batch of almond cookies, but making LC "replacements" is (a) a hassle, (b) EXPEN$IVE, and (c) just triggers more cravings.

- I plan well ahead and stock up. While I prefer fresh veggies and meats, I've got plenty of non-perishables on hand at all times for when I'm not in the mood to cook or can't get to the store.

- While I do plan ahead, on the grander scheme of things, I take it one day at a time. I know I'm not going to go the rest of my life without Oreos or french fries, but *today*, I know I'm going to be happy with eggs for breakfast and tasty veggies and meat for lunch and dinner.

- I've come to understand my "self-talk" and I don't let it lie to me. (You know what I'm talking about - "one bite won't hurt", etc) It's necessary to be really honest with yourself. Learn to deal with your demons.

- This is a crucial one: I've given myself a serious attitude adjustment. I've kicked my "inner two-year-old" to the curb. No more "poor me, I'm deprived because I can't have Coke and pizza." I'm doing this voluntarily. I'm making good choices for myself. I'm not deprived, I'm blessed with the knowledge and resources to be able to treat my body with respect it deserves.