#5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-01-01, 17:11
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Are the 25 grams of green vegetables the net weight after the fibre has been deducted or is it including the fibre?
It's total grams of carb including fiber; do not subtract. However, on your regular Low-carb days, if you normally subtract fiber in the program you're following, then by all means continue to do that. I do.
Quote:
Am I correct in assuming that on Karen's list that I would have to now eat 5 cups of broccoli to meat my 25 gram requirement.
Joe, the foods that Karen has listed are for 100grams of the food, which might not equal 1 cup. I believe that Fitday uses the USDA values, which is the same as our Carb Counter tool which Karen used ... of course, Wa'il's counter uses the most up-to-date release (July 2001) ... and I am completely UNbiased.
Quote:
How did we arrive at this 25 gram green veggie requirement, without fibre?
A proper and scientific study has to have guidelines and standards for all to follow. We all must be eating the same things in the same amounts in the same pattern of Fast days followed by Calorie Boost ... Otherwise, if we each just did our own thing willy-nilly ..... any results would be meaningless. I'm not sure if in the end it will give me any grand results either, but for the purpose of the study, I try to follow it as exactly as possible -- and yes, in the first week I ate veggies that were not green. Ooops!
Quote:
P.S. I don't believe that the Calorie Booster helps the cause towards losing weight.
Y'know ... I think we have consensus on THAT one. I tolerate the Calorie Boost day following the Fat Fast .... much better than the one following the Lean Protien Stillman day. That's a killer for sure!

Doreen