View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Nov-01-03, 07:35

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Where to get the CarbSense hot cereal? The only place I've found it yet is the health food store. There are also a couple of other low carb hot cereals on the market (also only found at my health food store so far) like Keto Oatmeal or Low Carb Success hot cereals. Be forewarned...they're a bit on the expensive side..$6.00 and up for a box or bag, but they usually contain 6-9 servings each. They're high in fiber, taste pretty good and will keep you filled up for quite a while, especially if you top them with butter and heavy cream.
Keto and Atkins also both make low carb cold cereals that you can have with heavy cream (I mix mine with half water) or low carb soy milk.
If you can't find them in your local health food stores, they can also be ordered over the internet; just do a web search for whatever product you're looking for.

Here are some other options:

-Make chicken salad and have it on low carb bread; lots of stores are now carrying breads with a very low carb count, shop around.
-Eat leftovers from dinner the night before
-Have some sugar-free peanut butter on low carb toast
-get some ham or roast beef, spread it with soft cream cheese and roll it up
-hard boil some eggs before you go, take them along in a cooler and heat them up in a cup of hot water in your room.
-in a pinch, you could have an Atkins shake, although I personally don't like drinking my breakfast. If you have a blender available in your room, you could also add some berries and blend it for a breakfast smoothie
-bring some whey protein powder (your choice of flavor as long as it's sugar-free) and make a protein shake with berries and cream.

Hope you enjoy your vacation!