#13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 16:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpah1
I am new to this WOE...doesn't it scare you that people gain back all, if not more, when they eat carbs again? It seems to me that a lot of people have trouble eating like this forever. Am I wrong? (which I hope I am!) I am always thinking, in the back of my mind, isn't it smarter to do something that we can live with forever? Please, don't take offense anyone, I am trying my best to get rid of the WW's mentality! (a few years back I was successful with WW)

Atkins is just like any other diet in that if you quit doing it, you are going to gain the weight back. This will apply to WW too and I am living proof of that. It is all about making a life style change not just doing a diet for a quick fix and then back to old ways. I know that is a lot easier said than done but for me, low carbing is something I CAN live with. I know I will have things that aren't allowed occassionaly but I hope I can get the weight off this time and keep it off by doing what I'm suppose to most of the time. Honestly though, this may not be for everyone so if you don't think you can make it a lifestyle then please try to find a diet that you can do this with. Please don't think I'm being critical. I have gained and lost 2 or 3 people in my lifetime so I'm just trying to offer some sound advice here.

I do think you can redo Atkins though and be successful...it just may not be as fast. Good luck to everyone! WE CAN DO IT!!!!