View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 16:03
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 345/304/240 Male 5'9
BF:20.72 %
Progress: 39%

The posts ahead of me are full of very good info and advice. I will approach this from another angle. Believe it or not, guys are all different just like woman. Yes, when it comes to procreation, we are all the same, but after that we each go in our own direction.

This WOE is a commitment and a choice. It takes the conscious, educated realization that sugar and carbs (too many) are the enemy. I am heavy because of carbs. They cause my blood sugar levels to spike, my appetite to go out of control, and my mind to become clouded.

I came to the conclusion that my system was screwed up and I needed to eat LC to become healthy. I started LCing to lose weight but soon realized the other benefits I gained. Finding this forum, reading the many posts, and learning about LCing were largely instrumental in making the LC WOE commitment.

Some days I pause and think: Wow, I can never have candy, potatoes, etc. That’s a huge commitment! Must I always watch my carb intake? It seems like a drastic solution. Well, at my age, I know what candy tastes like so I don't need to keep eating it! I've had it a thousand times and am now tired of it. I would rather be healthy than eat junk food.

We would never say to a drug addict, oh no, you can never have a mixed drink again? How sad. In addition, is a recovering alcoholic worse because he chooses to use Jesus Christ as his motivation? Certainly not. Then why would we care what anyone thought about us for choosing LCing as a way to get healthy?

In the end, you can provide information and support, but it will be up to your DH to do the reading and learning. You cannot force him to WANT something. As a guy, I know how stubborn men can be. On the other hand, once he makes a commitment, he will fight with honor to defend it.

Good luck.