View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 12:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Rosa! I like this thread!

I think your husband should weigh himself. When I did it, I cried. I knew I was in trouble, but I was way, way off when I guessed my weight nearly 2 years ago. Also, I really think your husband should read the book because it helps so much to understand the reasons why this WOE works. I fear that by not educating himself, your husband is setting himself up for failure. And as most of us know, it's that failure that causes us to gain even more weight. By not reading, your DH is approaching this like a "diet". And it aint.

As far as how this diet agrees with men, it really does! I eat so much meat and cheese and eggs that it's hard to believe I can still lose weight. We also get to eat 3 or more times a day, which I think is cool. I love that I can add 6 more slices of bacon in place of toast, etc. Men do very well with this WOE!

Warn him that the first 2 weeks are not going to be easy, but that they are also not indicative of how he'll feel afterwards. Cravings for bread and sugar will pass. It gets better every day. And before you know it, he'll WANT to get up off the couch and go for a walk!

Oh, and be sure to scan the recipes section so that you can find LC meals that he likes. There are plenty of them.

If you need to give him more motivation, point out that if he does nothing, he's gonna find his knees giving out (a very scary thing) and his body aching. The extra weight will age him much more quickly. Trust me, I know. Oh, and also show him the picture I put in my profile (the one of my belt). I started in size 58 pants. I now wear 44's.

Good luck to you both!

Donald