View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 09:42

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

Welcome JPaleo! to this site and way of eating.

Since you don't have much weight to lose, I guess you want to eat right and be healthy and you have made an excellent choice to do just that.

It took me six months to figure out what I was doing and I cheated lots. Now all the cravings have gone. Our office always has all sorts of tempting high carb treats lying around (cookies, chocolates, cakes) but they no longer interest me. Pizza was my favorite food in my old life and now I no longer crave it at all. My one of my favorite foods now is greasy hamburgers fried in coconut oil because I can't get pure lard, topped with fried mushrooms and bacon, served with a huge green mixed salad with tomatoes, and berries for dessert. Don't let those cravings get you down and if you cheat don't beat yourself up over it. All those cravings will pass and become almost non-existent and the cheats will be fewer and far between.

Anyway, good luck and remember we are here to help if needed.

PS I don't know anything about squashes because they have never been part of my family eating history and have never appealed to me. Perhaps someone else on the site knows.