Thread: Gained 2 lbs
View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-31-03, 08:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

Its the wine! It does just that to me - a glass of wine can make the scales jump by anything up to 3 pounds. It's mainly water, but still.
So - you either have to decide you're sensitive to it and are going to leave alcohol alone, or you can continue, which will likely slow your weight loss down but may not reduce it altogether - its one of those YMMV things.

Interestingly, carb-addicts often struggle with alcohol - our bodies seem to react in similar ways to it. I know personally, that whilst I haven't 'cheated' in any other way since I started LC-ing, I just don't seem to be able to leave alcohol (specifically wine) alone. I keep saying I will, then slipping. I never drink more than a glass or so, but when DH has a bottle of wine on the table, can I find the willpower to resist?! The most difficult thing is finding something as pleasant to drink - all soft drinks seem to be sweet, which I don't like.

Hope you find your own way - I think mine, for the umpteenth time, is to avoid it except for special occasions.
Jay