#507   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 18:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/132/125 Female 5
BF:
Progress:

Gymeejet,

You have made numerous comments about how people who eat the way you suggest should live much longer lives. How is it then that my grandmother managed to live to the age of 95 when she did not eat the way you speak of? She was a good ole southern girl who ate lots of "Fried" meats and lots of carbs with butter smeared all over them. Have you ever been to the south and seen a meal on Sunday afternoon? I guarantee you that there are more fats and carbs on one table than you could ever imagine. I would also guarantee you that my grandmother did not take a dietary supplement her entire life. She wouldn't have even had any clue what essential fat was. Therefore, the way my grandmother ate had absolutely nothing to do with the age at which she finally died. She was genetically able to live that long. Plus, the good Lord decided to take her at 95, not 28 or 48 or even 78. Some people are just genetically able to live longer than others. Besides, I personally do not WANT to live to be 140 years old. My grandmother told me on her deathbed that you can actually live too long and I believe her.

As for you looking young because of what you eat, I must say that I am 30 years old and I have had people say that I look like I am 18 years old. I have seen MANY women that I graduated with and they certainly do NOT look like a teenager anymore. In fact, some of them look like they were rode hard and rolled up wet. I am a Dental Hygienist now and I have had patients who have asked me if I was actually old enough to be cleaning their teeth. How could this be possible if your theory is correct? My youthfulness does not come from the foods I eat. It comes from the genes that my Mom gave me. Which, speaking of my Mom....she is your age and has had people ask if she is my sister. Once again, she does not follow your way of eating and she is just as "young" looking as you are. She is also in absolutely terrific shape. She could run circles around several 20 year olds. So what gives? Could it be that your way of eating is not the ONLY way to achieve optimal performance? I believe so. You even said yourself that our bodies are like machines. Cars run on gas, but if you tried to put gas in your computer printer it wouldn't do you much good. Our bodies basically the same way. What is good for one person may not be so good for another.

I would also like to ask is are you a Doctor? You mentioned in a previous post that you "prescribed" a meal plan. I'm not trying to be ugly here, I was just curious since Doctors are usually people who prescrube things.

I also say where someone asked you when you would be releasing your book. I saw that you posted that you are not out to make money. However, if your way of life provides "optimal performance" wouldn't you write a book in hopes of helping people everywhere the way Dr. Atkins did? If you are truly concerned, wouldn't you want to give everyone your valuable "knowledge" so they could themselves get optimal performance? I think the problem would be that if you tried to write a book, you probably would not sell many copies because people in general do not want to listen to someone who rambles on about how this can work unless they have some proof. Our society likes to see proof before they try anything. Do you honestly think I would have even attempted a low carb lifestyle if I did not research and speak with individuals who had already achieved success with it?

My body is not like yours obviously. Like I said in my previoius post, you obviously have never had to struggle with weight, so you will never know. I would be very curious to know exactly how many people you have taken under your wing and actually helped them go from "obese" to "slim and trim" all while achieving "optimal performance".