View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 15:46

Plan: Atkins (modified - no red meat)
Stats: 324/244/150 Female 5'6
BF:46.6%?/42/20%
Progress: 46%

I am a longtime Republic of Tea fan, but I had been leery of trying the red teas because, for some reason, I thought they'd be "spicy" and I didn't want to spend eight bucks on a tin of tea to find out I didn't like it (that happened when I bought the Honeysuckle Melon tea).

I was delighted, however, to find that my college bookstore sells the Republic of Tea products by the cup (and carries a wide variety). So, I figured for $1.25 I could afford to give it a try, even if I didn't like it. So I tried the Good Hope Vanilla Red Tea....WOW! It is so amazingly good - even with nothing else in it. I ended up buying a tin. Then I found out that the bookstore's offshoot cafe on the other side of campus (and on my way to class from the parking lot) carried a few more flavors. So, today I treated myself to the Capetown Harvest. Again, delicious! I highly recommend the Republic of Tea products to anyone who's a tea drinker. They are super high quality and don't bleach the tea bag material. Plus, for their decaffeination process for the decaf products, they use supercritical CO2, which is basically harmless to the environment (unlike the methods most other tea-producing companies use).

I think I shall go broke buying tea...