#10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 12:15
Brown-Eyed Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello All!
Fortunately, my step-daughter's mom and I get along really well and she is actually going to try Atkins based on my (so-far) success. We are hoping that with both of us doing it, she will stick with lower-carb foods both at our house and at her mom's. She tried it with me in the beginning, but didn't buy the book and kinda made her own rules. Then, she couldn't understand why it wasn't working for her.

At home, I don't really alter our meals too much. I usually just cook the Pre-atkins types of meals my family has always ate and then I cook something separate for myself. I haven't really gotten too creative yet although I did make a pizza quishe one night and it was wonderful. Most of the time, I eat the meats and then just skip the potato or the high-carb vegetable and substitute a salad, etc. This week, I found a recipe for a Breakfast Casserole. I made up a big thing of it on Monday and the whole family ate it for breakfast for a couple of days. It worked great because you can just pop it in the microwave for about 40 seconds and Voila! Breakfast is served.

It's funny having all girls. My mom and dad had four girls and drove a mini-van. Now, I am all grown up, have 4 girls and a minivan (However, I kept my smaller sportier car to keep up the youthful feeling every once in a while). "I'm turning into my mother!"

Hope to hear from everyone soon!!