View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 11:32

Plan: ?
Stats: 130/125/125 Female 5' 7"
BF:12%
Progress: 100%

I personally don't get pimples because my skin is pretty dry - I can put cocoa butter, olive oil - anything and never breakout.

1) I do notice that unless I wash my makeup brushes every week with shampoo, then i will get tiny bumps on my cheeks etc. It's the germs and irritants trapped in the brush hairs that you push into your skin when you apply oyur makeup.

2) I think coconut oil would be great because it contains a high level of lauric acid which is great for killing bacteria and germs. It will also help if you are using any other products that tend to dry your skin out.

3) I think the less processed sugar you eat the better - the less bacterial activity will exist. As we know bacteria & yeasts thrive in an environment high in sugar. (if you've ever made homemade bread you know that in order to get the yeats nice and active and multiplying, you sprinkle sugar into the water mixture with yeast and it goes crazy and starts foaming etc. Same thing happens inside your body when you have excess yeast in your sytem and you add in sugar - bloating, methane gas is excreted by the yeast into your body - yucky!!