View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Oct-30-03, 07:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/160/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 52%

Thanks for the kind words. It is a great feeling and I am looking forward to the next step - a size 10 . I haven't been a size 10 in many a year but I know with LCing I will be there eventually.

The really good thing is that this is such an enjoyable process. I don't feel deprived or depressed or even frantic to loose. I've reached a point where I am once again comfortable and I know I look much, much better so from here on out it's just icing on the cake (oops, am I allowed to say that? ) I am losing much more slowly now, the 1 1/2 to 2 lbs a week days are a thing of the past, I'm afraid, but even a pound every other week is making me happy. The journey is a very important part to me.

It's funny, since I have started really making progress several people at work have started on Atkins or at least LCing to a degree. I just wish I could get a couple of people in my extended family to give it a try. They are convinced that it's unhealthy since you "can't eat fruit or vegetables ever again." I try and try to tell them that that is totally untrue but they say their doctors told them to stay away from this diet - too dangerous, ya know. So they stick to their low fat, starvation way of eating for a few days, get crazy with hunger and binge, then start all over again. Blech!!

I talked to an old friend last night and told her I had been doing Atkins and she just about had a fit. As I went on and explained it to her she realized that what I was describing was pretty much her son's diet - he is diabetic - and that since he has become quite healthy eating this way (no sugar, flour, etc.) that, hmmm.... She, too, thought fruits and veggies were outlawed. Where did this idea come from anyway? I've heard it so much.

Oh well, hopefully more people will come to see that this is a healthy way of eating. I don't feel like I am missing out on a thing with all the low carb bread, snacks, and treats out there, and I really think this is something I CAN do for life.

Congrats to everyone who has already experienced the high of fitting into smaller clothes and keep up the good work, it will happen, to those who are on their way.

Laurie