View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 20:09

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Joanne.

Welcome to CAD. You didn't mention how long you have been on CAD. If you just started it might be your body needs to adjust to the carb intake again. It just might take a little getting use to.

If you are finding you are in a slump in the afternoon, you might try a couple of things. Eat more for your lunch CM. I am assuming the slump comes between lunch and dinner, right? Another thing you might try is to have a snack. Make it protein mixed with CM veggies. This might help you a lot. I know the CAD book says not to snack, but sometimes you can't help but not do that..

Another thing you might try, is to read the CALP book. It is CAD that has been refined. You are allowed to eat more during the day and also snacks are legal, so you would not be off of plan. You are already doing the 1/3 balancing for your RM, so that would not change.

I did CAD for over 2 years and ate 2 very small CM's and by my RM, I was so hungry, that I would overeat. I am so glad that I finely switched to CALP. I think this is going to be so much better.

Good luck. Once you find what works for you, I think you will get your energy back. If you have anymore questions please ask. I will try to answer them, or someone else on here will.