View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 18:50

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

someone with more experience than i could probably phrase it a little better; but i'll try to break it down barney-style for you as this is a common problem of mine.

best i can put it is, we are eating a lot of protein - that fills you up. and being in ketosis can put a damper on the appetite as well. however, you have to eat! if your body is not getting what it needs (even if it's not telling you by the way of hunger) it will go into starvation mode and hoard what it does have (means you won't loose, and you are not going to be real healthy, either).

working out should increase your appetite but you are feeling the opposite effect. are you still in induction?

instead of several bigger meals, try eating twice as many smaller meals (grazing). try to make what you do eat count. experiment around and find some things that are much more pleasurable to eat (making it easier).

i'm sure some folks around here will have some good ideas as to what to try - i snack alot. boiled eggs with tabasco, celery with pimento cheese spread... that kind of thing.

long story short - yes you do have to eat your meals! if you are not on fitday (www.fitday.com), get there, register and do it faithfully. there are a lot of people here that can give you a better idea of what's going on and how to counteract it by looking at what you are eating.