View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 18:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302.2/302.2/185 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

I have the very same problem... around day 4 or so of induction I realized that after my appetite & cravings disappeared, my calories dropped to between 700-900, and if I went by the 10x rule, they should be up at the 2500 range.*eek*

I worked to gradually up them by including high fat treats (ie.. making jell-o cheesecake with cream & cream cheese ahead of time that I could snack on) and by using butter & oil liberally. I still struggle with my calorie levels - my *goal* is to eat at between 1500-1700 cals/day - and I find if I stay too low I definitely don't lose weight. It is simply impossible for me to eat more than that on a dialy basis...I sometimes eat around 1900-2000 if I've had something really rich, but those days are usually rare.

It absolutely is worth finding ways to up your carb counts.Keep looking at recipes... find some foods that you like that are high fat/low carb and do recipe searches to find new recipes that include them...

I also find if I don't use fitday to track, my calories begin to creep down again.... so I'd definitely keep using it!

If anyone else has some tips, I'd love to hear them too!

Wynter