#7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 17:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/166/145 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi!

Can I jump in? I have 2 children: 10 year old girl and a 5 year old boy and I work outside of the home.

My husband did not join me on LCing until he tasted one of the LC peanut butter cups. He ate all of my Peanut Butter cups and decided he could do this if he could still satisfy his sweet tooth. So far, he has lost about 15 pounds in 4 weeks and keeps cheating!!! Frankly, it's a little annoying. I never cheat and have lost about 24 pounds in 9 weeks and I work out like crazy. NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR, NOT FAIR. It does make it easy to plan meals and decide on restuarants.

Oh well, we both feel better. It's hard to decide what to feed the kids but we manage. They are so active it doesn't matter, both are skinny.

I'd be interested in what kind of quick meals/snacks you make. For example, in the mornings, I usually eat a Wasa crisp bread with whipped cream cheese and a slice of turkey. It keeps me full for hours and is fast and easy. A couple times a week, I will add cottage cheese with some berries.

For sack lunches, I will make chicken salad on Sunday to take to work during the week. I use: diced red peppers, green onions, slivered almonds, waterchestnuts, sour cream, mayo and some pepper. It's really good and crunchy.

Anacecilia, what's Brazil like? Would love to hear more about it! Newmee, where in Canada do you live? I am going to Banff in March. It is one of my favorite places.

Kate