#5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 17:04
Registered Member

Plan: Bernstein
Stats: 240/190/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Louis --

>>> I had a similar incident with going crazy on the diet after my Mom died unexpectedly earlier this year, and my A1C was 9.9 -- which scared the dickens out of me -- and my docotor threatened me with insulin -- little did he know how I'd been misbehaving over the summer -- that was late August. <<<

I am very sorry to hear about your mother. Isn't it awful how we handle stress by abusing our bodies? When my own mom was dying of cancer 20 years ago she told me that my children (who were very young) were going to lose their Grannie and she didn't want them to lose their mom, too, so would I please take care of myself and try to lose weight.

Good for you to have gotten your A1C back down again so quickly! I hope your lab results match (or beat) the home test. I've seen the home tests advertised and I have been curious about how accurate they are.

I have been re-reading some of my LC books this afternoon and their remarks about the sulfonylureas reinforced my desire to get off the Glucotrol.

I've been on the Glucotrol one week. Today I had a BG of 82 after exercising, which is the lowest BG I have had at any time of the day in over 10 years. I could count on one hand the number of times I've ever been under 100 at any time of the day in the last 10 years.

I know that technically 82 is not a low BG, but it *felt low to me, especially since I was in the mid 200's for most of the summer. My fingers were tingling and I felt very out of it. I went to the bathroom and checked my BG and then I sat down on an exercise mat and ate a Carb Solutions bar (supposedly a net carb count of only 3 grams) and managed to drive home after a bit, but this was a new (and unpleasant) feeling.

Thanks for replying!