Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 14:15
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTattoo
Second week of BFL, and I'm working really, really hard. Seeing some results, too. Only problem is, I now have a voracious appetite. Yes, I'm eating the six meals a day, and I think I have a good balance of carbs, protein, and fats (although more carbs than I would have allowed myself pre-BFL, even though I'm on Atkins maintenance). So what to do about the hunger? I'm trying to limit portion size as BFL suggests, but it doesn't seem to be working, lol. Last night, for example, I ate THREE turkey burgers (cooked in olive oil), two helpings of salad with olive oil, and some low-carb ice cream with peanuts. And that was only ONE of my six meals.

MMMMmmmmmmm Turkey burgers, your making me hungry....

When I upped my carb intake I found myself more hungry too. Here is how I dealt with it. The nice thing is that I can have something to eat every 2.5 hours. So when I eat I just eat the serving size suggested in the book and even though I'm still hungry I quit eating and I've found that 10 or 15 minutes later the hunger has gone. Then about 1.5 hours later I start feeling hungry again. But I tell myself, "Hey, it's only 1 more hour untill meal time. I can wait one hour." I would just get through the day doing that.

After a while my body seems to have adjusted and most of the time I find myself getting hungry when I'm supposed to be eating.

Arnie