#4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 13:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/247/165 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi newmee !
Glad you showed up, I was beginning to feel very very lonely here
So you have a 17 year old girl and a 2 year old boy, that's quite a gap between the two. You must have felt like a first time mom all over again! I often think that when my kids are older I won't resist having another one. What can I do, I just love babies!
You said you hubby is not l-carbing. Did he ever try it? Mine did but he never lost an ounce on it. It was really strange, we begun together, ate the same things and I started losing like crazy and his weight wouldn't bulge... He was really disappointed and decided that this 'was just not for him'. I'm convinced that he should have tried harder (I guess it took him 5 weeks to give up) or maybe do something radical like a fat fast to get things moving, but he won't do it. Which is a shame bc cooking two types of food everyday is not fun....
How about you daughter? I hope she does not have a weight problem but would you consider having her on a l-carb plan? At 17 I guess it would be OK, but what do you think of those people who advocate raising you kids on a l-carb WOE? I just don't feel confortable with that...I know this is supposed to be very healthy and everything and I have no problem doing it myseld, but when it comes to kids... My girls are still very young and so far they are not overweight at all, but with the genetics of their parents and a dad that not always set a good example, I fear that this is an issue I'll have to face at some point down the road...On the other hand, I don't want to raise them to be paranoids about their weight.... Anyway, let me get back to work!
Talk to you soon !
Ana