#10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 12:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by klawrence
I ate pretty well this weekend, which is cool,considering my husband and I threwa huge Memorial Day BBQ. I also didn't drink a single beer, which is impressive for me, especially at a BBQ. (Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff! :doah I did, however, magage to kick myself right out of ketosis with booze--sugar free gin & tonics plus shots of whiskey. I tried not drinking at all for the first two weeks (induction) but it was a lot harder for me than the low carbing itself. I think I'll try limiting myself to only drinking one or two nights a week (weekends.) Has anyone had any sucess (still losing) while indulging in moderate drinking, or will I just have to g cold turkey?

Not to be too pushy, but maybe you should ask youself why you can't comfortably go 2 weeks without drinking? I used to be like that until I realized that I was dependent on alcohol and I had to stop. I'm not saying you are...I just think someone needs to bring that up to you. This could be more than a losing weight issue. After all, 2 weeks is not a terribly long time to give something up, unless you are addicted.....