View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 09:29

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

If you are thinking about doing a refeed to raise your Leptin levels, you should search this web site and web on Leptin.

From what I have read, fruit is not good for refeeds, Fruit Loops and licorice are good.

If you are afraid to try a refeed because you'll "fall off the wagon", then you probably are not sufficiently obscessed about loosing weight to chance the danger (like I was). Be content that you are not gaining weight, and occassionally it goes down - as I am now.

It interesting how low-carb people can evangelize low-carbing because they believe it and know it to be the truth. But then refuss to even entertain other scientific concepts like Leptin and refeeds, just like the medical establishment that refusses to believe high-fat is the proper way to eat.

I did and do low-carb, I believe in it. I did refeeds based on Leptin theory and I believe it helped me loose weight faster and avoid stalls, I believe in Leptin and refeeds science too. I also believe and understand low-fat dieting and know it doesn't work because of insulin AND Leptin.

Now, I have to figure out maintenance. I find it much harder than loosing the weight. Given that, perhaps refeeds are a bad idea and you should just take your time loosing your weight.