#9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 20:18
Registered Member

Plan: Bodyopus - Varied
Stats: 215/210/190 Male 5'11"
BF:~8%
Progress: 20%

Tuesday ~ 10/28/03

Well, here goes nothing. I woke up this morning at 5am to take in about 40g of carbohydrates through Skittles. I also checked to make sure I was still in ketosis (hoping last night was real and it really only took me one day to get into ketosis), and sure enough I was. I didn’t notice any difference as far as alertness or energy goes, but that’s probably because I use a Thermogen stack to help with that. What I did notice was that my muscles didn’t fatigue near as fast. Usually I can feel the burn a lot quicker in my sets, but this morning did resemble a workout on a modern diet. Right at about the end of the workout, about 45-55 minutes or so, I could feel the crash starting. It felt like everything just kind of left me. When I finished I took in the usual post-workout drink with the usual post-workout supplements. For those of you who are curious on what my routine is for biceps/triceps:

Standing BB Curl 3 sets 4-6 reps
Standing Tricep Extensions 3 sets 4-6 reps
Preacher Curls 3 sets 4-6 reps
Skull Crushers 3 sets 4-6 reps
Concentration Curls 2 sets 6-8 reps
1 Arm Cable Extensions 2 sets 6-8 reps

Mental note: I wonder if taking in a small amount (~20g) of carbohydrates with the protein shake would be a good idea to help with recovery? I do notice longer recovery time (obviously!), and just wonder if this may help the legs since I don’t want to over-train them. I am getting awful close to a TKD I know. LOL.

Anyway, that was the last of my weighted workouts. I have been checking every time I have to piss for ketones, and sure enough, every time it showed moderate ketones. I wanted to make sure I was in ketosis, and that my liver wasn’t just dumping them and making the switch back to glycogen. I added in about 20 minutes of low intensity cardio to help burn some fat. I might be pushing it a little, but if my strength is still going up, why not? I continue the same dosing schedule of all the supplements outlined in yesterday’s log. Oh, one more thing. I did take a 20mg dose of vanadyl and a 100 mcg dose of chromium with the protein shake. They are about half servings and I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t out of ketosis longer than I had to be. I don’t really have much else to report. Everything is going smoothly. My skin folds stayed the same and weight dropped 1 lb. I don’t think it is muscle, not if strength is going up. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow. Until then...

Sporto