View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 15:28

Plan: LC
Stats: 266/224/185 Male 72 in
BF:?%/30%/15%
Progress: 52%

Thanks for the quick replies. Let me clarify my thinking on this. I know that low-carbing requires higher fat intake. But my thought process is that if I can get all the benefits of eating the fat while letting a percentage of it pass undigested, this could speed up weight loss (i.e., the body is "tricked" into thinking those fat calories are at its disposal, but then a good portion of them exit the body before they get a chance to be used as fuel priot to stored fat being burned - but of course if the dietary fat has to be digested for LC to work, it's a moot point). Does this rationale make any sense whatsoever or am I totally deluded (always a possibility!)?

As to food, I've posted a couple of days' typical menus previously and the general concensus has been that I may have need a bit of fine tuning, but that I was on the right track. Another issue though, is that I'm Type 2 diabetic and have been having problems getting my blood glucose levels to stay down consistently (even eating absolutely ZERO carbs for 2 or 3 days!). I see my Dr. tomorrow morning for a regular checkup and will run this by him then, but I think my liver is converting protein to glucose and keeping my BGLs elevated. I just don't know what to do about that one, though.

I really don't think I'm metabolically resistant. I can lose weight on low-fat, low-cal. But the problem is what is does to my diabetes...BGLs through the roof, hypertension, etc, etc. Definitely won't ever go that route again.

Whew, didn't mean to be so wordy....