View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 12:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/151/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Actually, biochemistry would suggest that NOT eating carbs would be a good way to combat depression.
Aside from the whole blood sugar/mood swing issue, which is very real, there is the fact that anything you oversupply in your body reduces the amount your body makes.
If you supply a lot of carbs, which increases the amount of serotonin, then your body will not make serotonin without that carb prod. So you feel down, and eat more carbs to make your body make more serotonin, but without the carbs the body makes less serotonin and you eat more carbs...see?
When I studied the biochemistry of addiction, this was exactly the way it went. Alcohol or cocaine increases your endorphins, but without the drugs the body has less endorphins, so you take the drugs...round and round.
The only way to normalize the body is to reduce the substance that is throwing it out of whack. In this case, reducing the carbs.
It IS the carbs, stupid!
Personally, how do I feel, now that a friend this morning noticed my size 10's were baggy on me?
I feel GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!