View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 10:09

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Sorry LadyBelle, but if you look into what Leptin refeeds are about - its the carbs.
A proper refeed intended to raise your Leptin level is HIGH carb, LOW fat. You need to put on a little fat to raise you Leptin levels. Higher Leptin levels help avoid starvation mode which helps avoid loosing muscle and stalls. Do a search on Leptin in this site, you can find a great deal about it. Leptin levels are generally only a concern trying to loose weight when you are thinner because obese people have sufficient Leptin. Leptin is produced by fat.

I did refeed for about four months. Each Sunday I would refeed, gaining about 2 pounds. During the week I would loose 2.5 or 3 pounds for a net loose of .5 to 1 pound every week. Before I did refeeds I stalled frequently and was averaged loosing 1 pound every 6 weeks (after my initial 9 pound drop when I started).

More calories is something you should do if your hungry. Go ahead and have some more steak if you are hungry. I assume very few us are hungry because that is great part of low-carbing.