#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-31-01, 09:18

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/146/132 Female 5'61/2"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Cool Hello! I'm cautiously optimistic

Hello there,

What a huge forum!!! I actually feel a little lost here, and I haven't really had a chance to explore a lot.

But ... A brief introduction and a question. I turned 50 in July and have experienced minimal health problems, a situation for which I'm truly grateful. Ten years ago I went through a divorce and had a herniated disk, and what with that and the stress of working freelance and bringing up three sons, I developed in the next few years what my family doctor wanted to call fibromyalgia. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that this 'crisis' prompted me to take a long heard look at my lifestyle -- diet, exercise or the lack of it etc. It's been a journey.

These days I feel much better, thanks to my own perserverence and a wonderful naturopath I'm seeing, but there are still a few wrinkles. I'm pretty sure I'm an alcoholic/sugar/carb addict, and although I've never been really overweight, my health has suffered as a result. I'd like to lose 10 -15 pounds (I've wanted to lose those pounds all my life). I've read all the books and 'tried' all the diets. Schwarzbein is the one I keep gravitating back to, for all kinds of reasons.

What hapens is that I lose five or six pounds, feel great, and slip back to drinking rum and cokes in the evenings and eating nachos. :-(

This time I'm following Schwarzbein's healing program pretty faithfully (although I'm drinking a cup of coffee as I write). Does it work? If I keep at it, can I lose those pounds on this WOE? I'm in no real hurry -- I'd just like to be able to hang in there.

Sorry abut the ramble. Glad I found the site, and glad it's originates in Canada! Thanks for listening!

Joanna
Sponsored Links