#7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 18:13
Registered Member

Plan: Bodyopus - Varied
Stats: 215/210/190 Male 5'11"
BF:~8%
Progress: 20%

Sunday ~ 10/26/03

Ok, here is how this is going to work. I just finished my last meal around 2 pm (had an early depletion workout on Friday) and took my last doses of vanadyl and chromium. I have some debate about what to do on Sunday evening. Here’s my thinking on this. Since I have just ended my carb-up, my muscles now have been fully restored and are ready to go. Now because of that, my muscles are probably going to feel the best and have the best pump since they are “full.” I have decided to do one of the workouts tonight. Here was my original split of the Bodyopus workouts trying to get the whole body in two days:

Monday morning: Chest & Back
Monday Evening: Shoulders, Traps, & Forearms
Tuesday Morning: Legs, Abs, & Calves
Tuesday Evening: Biceps & Triceps

As you can see, I love lifting antagonist groups together (push/pull) on the same day. All I am going to do is work chest and back this evening and bump everything up a notch. I normally lift twice a day for about 45 minutes to 1 hour or so. I think this will help speed up the descent into ketosis by depleting the glycogen storage faster. Which means more time in ketosis and more fat burned. As far as the insulin spiking goes, I will have to wait and see how long it takes me to get into ketosis. I am hoping I can do it by Tuesday’s workouts. I’m wondering that even if I’m not in ketosis, will a small insulin spike result in a bigger insulin crash? Will the crash help get into ketosis faster? I will see what happens this week as far as how long it takes me to achieve ketosis and possibly try spiking next week for the Monday workouts. We just have to keep in mind that our bodies adapt to the ketogenic state, thus making it easier and easier to get into ketosis. So if next week the results are such that I am in ketosis faster, then it could be because my body is adapting. For this week, I will wait until ketones are present before spiking.

What I am going to do first with my workouts is implement a 12 week periodization training while on Bodyopus. Basically, I will vary the type of training every few weeks for a period of 12 weeks. For the first few weeks I will do more high intensity, high weight, lower reps. Then I will move more towards hypertrophy work. I won't go into all the details here, but I just wanted everyone to be aware of the format.

For those of you who are curious, here is my workout schedule for chest/back tonight:

Bench Press 3 Sets 3-5 Reps
Weighted Pull-Ups 3 Sets 3-5 Reps
Incline DB Press 3 Sets 3-5 Reps
Seated Wide Grip Rows 3 Sets 3-5 Reps
Cable Crossovers 2 Sets 6-8 Reps
Incline DB Rows 2 Sets 6-8 Reps

If anyone wants to know what a particular exercise is, I will describe it. I just call them by what I know them by. LOL. After all sets are done, I perform 1 set of each exercise for about 20 reps with light weight (~50% of 6-8 rep weight). By doing this, I have found it much easier to get into ketosis by really depleting the muscles of what’s left. After the workout I will take 1 scoop of Isopure + Flaxseed Oil & CLA, along with 1 serving of HMB (just to help with protein breakdown this week while in ketosis).

I just finished my workout and I have to say it was simply awesome. I had an extraordinary pump, all lifts went up, my energy level was up, and I even look “fuller.” This doesn’t necessarily mean it was because I lifted tonight, but I did notice a difference in just about everything between this workout and the Monday morning workout from previous weeks. I will start the composition numbers tomorrow as well. Now it looks like I am back to fat and grease. Yum. See ya tomorrow.

Sporto