Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 14:28
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 225/170/150 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel
Because we measure the amount of ketones in our urine every day. Whenever we exceed our allowed carboyhdrate amount for a day, our measurment indicates "no ketones".

That's fine, but I repeat, how do you know other dieters aren't dumping ketones in their urine, too? Is this something you've read somewhere, or are you just pulling that data out of your ass, along with excess ketones? Other diets cause weight loss, too, and that fat has to go somewhere. Unless it's removed by liposuction, it has to be turned into ketone bodies and turned into energy, just like in Atkins dieters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel
I think you need to read "Dr. Atkins new diet revolution" book to learn more about this diet. It is nice and interesting to read and should be available at most book stores.

It's also available on my bookshelf -- two copies, in fact (I loaned one copy to a friend and needed to refer to the book before she was ready to give it back). If you had checked my profile, you could have seen that I HAVE read DANDR. Unlike you, however, I regard it as a useful tool and not as the "revealed truth" of the One True Orthodox Diet Religion. I think you maybe need to read less and think more.

By the way, in DANDR Dr. Atkins notes that some people on the diet lose weight without having the keto strips change, which contradicts your first pronunciamento.