Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 11:28
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/230/160 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up

Hi Alison!
I just hope you told the person who convinced you to eat carbs how your experiment turned out; perhaps he/she will leave you alone now. I am convinced people like that are weak minded and cannot stand for strong minded people to think for themselves nor for people to succeed. I just hope it wasn't a friend of yours who convinced you to eat the carbs.

I experimented with my body several times with breakfast foods long before I knew about low-carb eating plans and Atkins. I found that if I ate a bagel, toast, bowl of cereal-hot or cold-or fruit for breakfast, I would be ravenous within 1-2 hours. Fruit was the worst offender; usually I'd be stuffing my face with something else after about 45 minutes. But, if I ate two or three boiled eggs and/or some other type of protein, I wouldn't be hungry until lunchtime. Even by then, I would't be ravenous; it would be normal hunger.

Now that I'm on Atkins, I don't ever have to worry about being ravenously hungry again. In fact, the short week that I've been on Atkins I've only experienced mild hunger pangs. That in itself is a refreshing change from the normal sharp hunger pangs I felt when I was eating carbs. I felt like I couldn't get food down my throat quick enough. Because of that, I was constantly overeating. A typical order for me from Mc'D's was a large or supersize filet of fish meal, sometimes with a vanilla shake, a cheeseburger, and an apple pie. Now, I can't bare the thought of eating all of that.

I personally have been very guarded with whom I share my new way of eating. There are many people, friends and family being the worst offenders, who would take great pleasure in trying to sabotage my efforts. This is the main reason why I'm glad I found this forum. I KNOW the people on here will ALWAYS be happy and excited for my success and won't, in any way, try to sabotage me.

Hope to see you and some of the other posters in chat sometime.
Deeanna