View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 11:13

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Question help! dumb dumbbell questions

Ok, I seem to be the only person doesn't know this. In the BFL book, when Bill posts his sample charts and he says he used 40 lbs (or 35, or 80) on differnet exercises using dumbbells, does that mean he used 2 20 lb weights or 2 40 lb weights? I' assuming it means 2 20 lb weights.
He recommends getting a set of dumbbells that goes up to 50 lbs. Is that 50 for each dumbbell or 25 each, totaling 50 lbs?

What have you found is a good adjustable poundage to buy (say like a 50 lb set) to start out with? and when I buy this, is there going to be enough to make 2 50 lb dumbbells or only 2 25lb dumbbells?
I am a moderately experienced exerciser and work out 4-5 mornings a week for 30-45 mins doing mostly weights with cardio (as in "the Firm" videos, if anybody is familiar) and can comfortably do long sets of dumbbell extensions (triceps) with 20 lbs if thats any indication, about 10 real push ups (maybe at a level 8 or 9) and one arm dumbbell rows with 20 lbs (I have to use two bulky 10 lb weights in one hand and that's the hardest part. I think if I had a heavier weight I'd be able to do more.)

I'm so excited to start but am still foggy about some details. I want to get it cleared up before I make any purchases.

thanks!
Sheri
Sponsored Links